Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Where is God now?

I want to share a story with you about a lady that Luke's mum knows. This lady has said so many things that have encouraged and uplifted me and now, I hope, I will do the same for her.

She had two children. Recently she had to bury both of them. They died separately in unrelated circumstances. A parent should never have to bury a child, let alone all of them.

Just a few weeks ago her department at her job was restructured and she was left without a job. She has said that in losing her job she has lost her second family that she had made at work.

Today she was diagnosed with secondary cancer in both her lungs. This means that the cancer has taken root somewhere else and spread there. She is facing death. She has said that she is dying from a broken heart.

My friend, as you read this please know that my heart and my whole being is weeping with you. Please know that my prayers, in words and in groans, are for you. There are no answers for what you are going through, there is no fairness or justice to what you have experienced. My words that follow seem weak and pathetic against such deep pain and grief, but I hope that maybe you will hear the love in them and they will bring you a small measure of peace.

Where is God in your pain?

He is with you.

He is right beside you holding your hand and crying for you and with you.

He is in the love that others give you.

He is in the community that surrounds you.

He is in the prayers that people pray for you.

He is in the hope that people have in your recovery, whether you desire it or not.

He is in every breath you take in to your broken lungs.

He is in the silence as a friend sits with you.

He is in your memories of your children.

He is in your strength.

And He is in your weakness.

My friend, life has been so unkind. I pray that whatever happens you will know love, you will know hope, you will know peace, and above all,

you will know God.

(I ask that others who read this comment on facebook or on the blog site with prayers and words of love for this lady who has lost so much. I know her story will be touching all of you. I will make sure the comments are passed on)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister in Christ, I have been Prayerfully waiting for your Precious Reply to my E.mails.

    In HIM

    ReplyDelete